August of 2007 was not a pleasant time for me. I was 7 years old, in the second grade and life was hard. I was getting constant headaches, stomachaches, and dizziness and not enjoying it. School was very difficult and I couldn’t concentrate very well. My teacher thought I wasn’t doing my best, and wasn’t that nice about it.
We had gone to the doctor many times and had blood tests. After about ten different blood tests and visits to the doctor, we did a celiac panel. It came back positive and we decided to do a biopsy in June of 2008. It came back positive and finally we found out what was causing me all that pain, I had Celiac Disease.
Ever since, I have been living a gluten-free life, meaning, no wheat, rye or barley in my diet, I feel much better now and even though it is hard, it is defiantly nice to be free from all the stomach and headaches. Now, I am 10 and about to start 5th grade and enjoying life.